Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Can Kevin Hogan Teach You to Be Like Derren Brown? Volunteers, anyone?

The dog-track gambling segment is my favorite Derren Brown trick. That's the one where he cashes in losing tickets by (apparently) using some type of subliminal suggestion on the dog-track employees.

Derren's ability to use covert hypnosis (aka conversational hypnosis) on unsuspecting victims is, to me, the most intriguing aspect of his performances (another good example is the Russian scam segment, where he gets people to voluntarily give him their wallets). Naturally, I would like to learn how he does it.

Numerous on-line courses claim to teach the art of covert hypnosis. I have considered buying Kevin Hogan's course.  At $47, it is one of the most affordable ones, and Kevin Hogan has some credibility (he is also the author of the book Covert Hypnosis: An Operator's Manual). Has anyone tried this course, or one of the others? If not, then --

Would anyone like to volunteer to try the Hogan course? If so, I might be willing to chip in part of the cost if you are willing to share your experiences with the course in an upcoming blog entry here at AboutDerrenBrown.


1 comment:

João Blümel said...

Hi there! Nice blog by the way:).
I am a professional mentalist/hypnotist and I've spent the last 6 years of my life studying and applying all kinds of hypnosis, including of course my favourite one: indirect/covert hypnosis. I never heard of this Kevin Hogan b4 but I must say I kinda liked what I saw. However my advice is for you to start studying from the creator of covert or indirect Hypnosis. I am talking of course of Milton H. Erickson. Trust me, once you read some of his work you'll get absolutely fascinated! This is by far the best hypnotherapist the world has ever met. It's the best reference ever in the world of clinical hypnosis.
I'd also advise you to look at some NLP work, such as Robert Dilts' "Sleight of Mouth" (excellent book!). As a modern mentalist I have always always used covert hypnosis in my shows. Thanks to it I'd say I am able to greatly increase the odds of guessing a word/thought/number. But let's face it: You can't run a whole mentalism show only with it. But I can assure you it is by far one of the best tools one can have both in entertaiment and life! Start studying Milton Erickson and Richard Bandler/Robert Dilts and I promise you...your life is gonna change!
You can mail me for more details if you're interested.
Cheers!