Thursday, December 6, 2007

Derren Brown Is Not on MySpace

I am not now, nor have I ever been, Derren Brown. Apparently, I am much more candid about that fact than other people who run DB fansites.

As I reported in October, DB's official website issued a stern warning to a particular individual who ran a MySpace-based Derren Brown fansite, and who was deceptively representing that he was, in fact, DB.

Now the official site reports that the MySpace site in question has been shut down. The official story is that the MySpace impostor engaged in e-mail communication with DB fans, posing as DB himself. When contacted by representatives of DB, he refused to cooperate.

The MySpace site, which I had visited, actually did provide some good information. The notice on Derren Brown's official site promises that the official site will do a better job of providing DB news in the future.

No comments: